Asperger’s Syndrome is known as a pervasive developmental disorder under the umbrella of neurobiological disorders. It involves a large amount of problems and issues within a social atmosphere. It also includes repetition and withdrawal from interesting activities that the child or adult may have performed before. The syndrome of Asperger’s was discovered in the year 1944, but many people still became misdiagnosed for other similar conditions such as Autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Schizophrenia and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Asperger’s syndrome still remains somewhat unclear when it comes to a formal diagnosis.
Asperger’s Syndrome can cause many different symptoms in adults and children. If you feel your child has withdrawn from social interaction, or seems to be repeating the same actions, make sure you get a professional opinion from a doctor. Many adults get diagnosed with this syndrome and tend to have the same symptoms as a child would. Certain forms of special education can be a form of treatment as well as some home remedies for Asperger’s Syndrome. Some symptoms of this syndrome include:
• Relationships with colleagues and peers seem to falter and disappear. Asperger’s children or adults only communicate with those of a lower educational and mentality level then themselves.
• People or children with this syndrome do not have any knowledge about other people and their feelings.
• A loss in response and communication or takes comments personally.
• The child or individual is happier to be alone more than reaching out to others.
• Appears to have problems communicating with eye contact and other non-verbal expressions.
• Express and presents problems with focusing and attention to detail. Cannot concentrate.
• Repetitive and obsessive behavior.
• Tends to be clumsy when moving around.
• Gets anger easily and may have tantrums.
• Is not able to handle a lot of light, or loud noise when outside.
There are some Asperger’s Syndrome home remedies that may alleviate some of the frustration in individuals with this condition such as:
• St. John’s Wort can be taken to lower anxiety, treat stress, and improve all around mental health.
• Chamomile is a great herbal home remedy to help with Asperger’s Syndrome as it calms the nerves and eases tension that might be held within.
• Passion Flower is another Asperger’s Syndrome remedy that can help with a healthy emotional balance and can ease the nerves.
As with any home remedy, talk about them with your doctor before proceeding. Asperger’s Syndrome is a serious condition and you will want to make sure you can use all of these natural herbal remedies in conjunction with any other medications you may be taking.
Your doctor should be able to provide you with more ideas for calming the nerves and stress of Asperger’s Syndrome. You or your family member is not alone and this condition is treatable and survivable. Hopefully, there will be a clearer diagnosis of Asperger’s Syndrome in the near future so patients can fully understand what they are dealing with.