If you have ever had a hangover you will be happy you have come across this article. A hangover is basically created when someone consumes too much alcohol. It can lead to dehydration, headaches, upset stomach, muscle aches, and so much more. What happened to be a fantastic night out turns quickly into a difficult next day.
When you consume too much alcohol your body tries to work through the toxins and get rid of it from the system. Alcohol is considered a drug and it is possible to overdose on it. The best cure for a hangover is not to get one in the first place. People attempt to control their alcohol intake by drinking water between drinks or eating a big meal before drinking, but these methods do not always work out the way as planned.
Alcohol is filled with toxins and it can damage your organs, primarily the liver. Drinking water can help when it comes to slowing down your drinking and it can help prevent headaches, but it is not something you should completely rely on.
There are quite a few home remedies for hangover. Try using one or more of these tips.
• Eat bananas. Bananas have all the vitamins that are needed after a hard night of drinking. Potassium exudes from the body as you drink and the lack of it can cause major problems.
• If you have a painful headache, then apply of a cold compress on the temple areas.
• Drink lots of water. Keep your body hydrated after a drinking binge. This will help prevent headaches and other pain that is associated with drinking too much.
• Eat regular meals but avoid eating any food that is overly spicy. Spicy food can take a toll on your stomach after consuming too much alcohol. Try eating soups or anything that is a clear liquid. Make sure your stomach is ready before you go onto eating a large bulky meal.
• Try eating some ice. This will give you the sensation of eating, but it will not affect your body in any negative way.
• Try mixing lemon, hot or warm water, and honey to make a soothing drink. This type of drink can calm your stomach and prevent sickness throughout the day. It also gives you sugars that you lose while drinking. Avoid having orange juice or anything overly acidic.
• Try adding ginger into your meals or drinks. Ginger has been used for years to prevent seasickness and reduce nausea. It is very healthy for you and you can add it family meals, soups, and even snacks.
As stated earlier, it is better to avoid going through the symptoms of a hangover by drinking in moderation. Or you can choose not to drink which will guarantee no hangover feelings of sickness. If you find you are becoming dependent on alcohol make sure you speak to your doctor and ask for some helpful advice. Alcoholism can become a very big problem so make sure you are aware of how much you are consuming.