The condition of chapped lips happens to many people around the world when we encounter a cold, cold air, hot sun, and vitamin deficiencies. It is a condition where the skin of the lips is damaged by the environment, poor nutrition, or illness. The skin becomes dry, irritated, and it can tear. Sometimes people get cold sores along with chapped lips. It is treatable even by Chap Stick, or products like Carmex. Chapped lips do not last very long if treated or if your diet changes. There are a variety of home remedies for chapped lips that you can try.
• Try using Vaseline for chapped lips. While still an over the counter treatment, it is always good to have this in the household for any dry skin. Apply it to the lips three times a day.
• Drink a lot of vitamin C enriched juice and water. Vitamin C is extremely important to our daily food intake and water helps to keep us hydrated. Sometimes when we do not drink enough water it can result in dry and irritated skin.
• Take a daily multivitamin to ensure you are getting all of the essential nutrients you need. Ask your doctor about which one may be the best for you and check with them that you do not have any allergies. Vitamin B, C, D, A, and E are all important, as well as many others.
• Use Aloe Vera for healthy soft lips. This is a great chapped lips home remedy. Keep a plant in the house, or buy the Aloe Vera gel and place it in the fridge to keep cool. When your lips feel pain or have become overly dry, place some Aloe Vera on them for soothing relief and comfort. Aloe Vera is used to treat a variety of minor burns, cuts, scrapes and abrasions.
• Try oil as a chapped lip home remedy. Oil is fabulous for softening the skin and providing pain relief. You can use tea tree oil which you can buy at an aromatherapy store or even try the Olive oil from your kitchen. The main idea is to restore the chapped lips skin back to normal and to heal.
• Try to avoid licking your lips. Licking your lips will only encourage them to dry out and become even more painful.
• Eat plenty of green leafy vegetables, carrots, and tomatoes so you can get your daily intake of vitamin A. Vitamin A is a great healer and can help as one of your home remedies for chapped lips. Take it through food products or daily supplements.
• Avoid smoking. Smoking can dry out the lips quickly and is harmful to your health. If you have chapped lips they will only become more painful
• Avoid wearing make up and lipstick when the condition of chapped lips occurs. Some lipsticks contain harsh chemicals that can dry out your lips and cause the condition to worsen.
Always consult with your doctor if your chapped lip condition worsens. If they are bleeding it is very important to find the right treatment for you so you can prevent any major damage to the skin.