Skin allergies are extremely common for all people around the world. Skin allergies occur when there is a hypersensitive response to the immune system from the environment, food, fabrics, or certain products such as household items, or make up. Some of the most common allergens are trees and grass pollens, animal dander, dust mites, and mold spores. Insects and certain food items can also trigger skin allergies in many people young and old. Other conditions such as asthma, hay fever and eczema can also develop from constant allergy suffering. The most common reason for skin allergies to develop is the destruction of the immune system. A low immune system makes it even more risky for individuals to develop skin rashes.
Some other causes for skin allergies are chemicals that may be in food products, digestion problems, lack of nutrition, vitamin deficiencies, or an imbalanced diet. If our bodies become full with toxins and our digestive tract is not working properly we can be at a high risk for allergies. Skin allergies cause us to itch our profusely which can create scarring, scratch marks and swelling of the skin.
Skin allergies come in many different forms such as scaly skin, dry skin, rashes, itching, boils and more. There are three main types of skin allergies such as hives (fluids in the skin causing swelling), prickly heat(red rash on the body) and dermatitis (inflammation of the skin).
Here are some tips and home remedies for skin allergies:
• Vitamin C helps to fight off skin allergies and rashes
• Avoid processed meats and pre-packed frozen dishes.
• Avoid white sugar products of any kind
• Avoid plants, drugs, foods, dust and anything that may trigger an allergic reaction
• Do minor to moderate exercise such as swimming, walking, or a light job
• Boil some oats and then strain out the oats. Use the oat liquid left over and pour into an ice tray and freeze. Use oat ice cubes to cool the skin and take away the itch.
• Use Aloe Vera gel to cool and sooth the affected areas on the skin
• Drink lemon juice 2 to 3 times daily in hot weather for a vitamin C boost and to prevent rashes and allergies
• Use regular ice cubes to cool the burning sensation of the skin
• Use juice extracted from the leaves of wood apple and combine it with cumin powder. Drink this 2 to 3 times daily as it can help with a skin rash and hives
• Avoid sour foods
• Drink as much water as possible to prevent the pain of skin allergies, or cool drinks in the summer such as lemon juices
• Eat plenty of vegetables and fruits that are refreshing and water based
Herbs that can provide relief for skin allergies include: (they are applied to the skin)
• Madhuca (skin itch relief)
• Holy Basil (heals skin problems such as rashes and itches)