Yeast infections are extremely common amongst women and almost every woman around the world will have one at some point throughout their lifetime. A yeast infection can be irritating and painful, and some women get more than one during a specific time period. The vagina normally possesses a balanced acidity which has no effect at all. When the infection develops, the balance changes and the yeast begins to overtake and grow, causing irritation. Women always have the choice of leaning towards antibiotics as a solution, but there are other alternatives to this painful annoying condition. The natural cures for a yeast infection build up the normal balance of acidity in the vagina.
The yeast that creates this experience is called Candida albicans and it can lead to swelling, itching, painful intercourse, irritation and burning of the vagina.
Tips: While using any of these methods below make sure you avoid sugary foods, flour and yeast food items. Wear loose clothes and soft loose fitting underwear. Drink a large amount of water or no-sugar added juice.
Here are some natural cures for a yeast infection:
• Apple cider vinegar is an excellent way to restore the natural acidity balance in the vagina and reduce itching symptoms. Simply take a cup of apple cider vinegar and add it to a nice soothing hot bath and soak for at least 20 minutes.
• Garlic is an amazing cure for a yeast infection. If you can’t eat cloves because you are worried about bad breath, then take parsley and garlic capsules. Garlic is known as one of most powerful anti-fungal items on the market.
• Oil of oregano is extremely powerful when it comes to curing a yeast infection. Take a spoon of ordinary oil of oregano daily as it works as an anti-fungal cure to the irritation and pain of a yeast infection.
• Make sure you drink a lot of cranberry juice. Cranberry juice kills bad bacteria and it does not hurt to add this while you try one of these other methods. It also protects the urinary tract and bladder from getting any infections.
• YOGURT! Yes it is true. It is the most popular cure for a yeast infection and is extremely reliable. Choose a yogurt that has lactobacillus acidophilus, is plain flavoured, and has live bacteria. The live bacteria is good bacteria and is extremely beneficial for a yeast infection. It will balance the acidity levels once again and the individual will feel a sense of pain relief. You can either put the yogurt on the affected area and inside the vagina, or you can eat the yogurt daily. You can do both of these for a quicker recovery from a yeast infection. You will feel some cooling comfort if applied to the infected area.
These natural cures work for most women and many women choose them over taking medication. Sometimes medication and changes in medication can be the cause of a yeast infection as well. If you find that these cures are not working for you and you are still suffering from a lot of pain, burning and irritation, make sure you check in with your general practitioner.