Arthritis Pain Relief
More than 50 million people in North America alone suffer from some form of arthritis. Every type of arthritis is different and may require very different treatment methods. Before trying a arthritis treatment or symptoms relief products, always consult your physician about the type or arthritis you have and what treatment is right for you.The most common types of arthritis are degenerative arthritis (osteoarthritis), and inflammatory arthritis (rheumatoid arthritis).
Osteoarthritis is due to the wear and tear on your body’s joints and ligaments. This type of arthritis is common in elderly peoples, as well as those who have used certain joints for strenuous work or activity (think athletes legs, or a waitress’s arms and wrists). Also called degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis is more common with people who have injured a particular joint in the past.
Rheumatoid Arthritis describes the occurrence of the body’s immune system attacking the joints of the body. The immune system is complicated, and the reasons for this accidental attack are unknown. Over time, the build-up of white blood cells in the joint can cause joint deformities, severe damage and rheumatoid nodules, large lumps in and on the joints.
Symptoms of Arthritis
Arthritis symptoms can start gradually or can come very quickly as sharp pains. People who suffer from arthritis sometimes notice increases pain in the morning, and when the weather is changing (due to changes in atmospheric pressure). Some symptoms of arthritis include:
• aching or stabbing pains in the joints
• difficulty in joint mobility (grabbing, squeezing)
• morning stiffness in joints
• difficulty bending back and knees
• deep pains when walking
• overtiredness, fatigue
• swelling of the joints
Although different types of arthritis cause different symptoms, a general pain in the joint area is almost always present. Alleviating arthritis symptoms should always start with joint care.
Natural Arthritis Treatments
For many people, arthritis pain lowers their quality of life, and that’s why treatment is so important. Contemporary treatments can involve surgery and strong medications with no guarantee that symptoms will not recur. That’s why many people are opting for natural arthritis cures and treatments to deal with their arthritis pain.
• Glucosamine: glucosamine, used by bodybuilders to protect and heal joints, does just that – it helps heal and regenerate the joints of the body and is natural and safe.
• Manganese: manganese is an antioxidant that helps the body slow the aging process thereby decreasing the natural degeneration of the joints. A lack of manganese in the diet has been linked to cases of arthritis.
• Ginger Extract: Ginger extract has been used for years as an anti-inflammatory. Ginger extract can significantly reduce inflammation for rheumatoid arthritis patients.
• MSM: Also a naturally occurring anti-inflammatory, MSM can help reduce inflammation and swelling in the joints.
Other natural arthritis treatments that have worked for some patients include hot water baths, hot saline baths, and the rubbing of the joints with Lavender oil, Juniper oil or Chamomile oil, which work as analgesics and anti inflammatory.